Downlight® Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- Water Repellent
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Our premium alpine hooded down jacket, guide-built for climbing, mountaineering, and all cold-weather activities. Durable, windproof polyester shell sheds moisture. High-loft, Premium Down insulation for ultralight, ultrawarm, ultra-compressible comfort.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test by an independent university lab. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
- StormRepel® Super DWR—our longest lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment—learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Adjustable drawcord waist lets you in the fit
- Chest pocket with media port—bring your music to the mountains
- Secure zip hand pockets—tricot-lined for softness and set behind down for added warmth
- Low-profile insulated hood—super warm, with stretch binding for a great fit
- Stows easily in left hand pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- High-mobility sleeve and shoulder fit—built for full range of motion
- Length, Reg Medium: 27.5" | Weight: 17 oz | Down Fill Weight: 5.1 oz
- Classic. A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 100% recycled polyester
- Yes, I recommend this productGalleyslaveGender MaleHeight 5'11"Type RegularActivityCommutePros Comfort, Fit, QualityConsOne happy camperNov 21, 2020
Just purchased this beautiful jacket during their pre black Friday sale. What a deal. Looks great, fits great, and goes great with my Gore Tex shell. Can't wait to wear it when it gets colder. Only 4C here today, and it's keeping me nice and toasty. So far so good. Get one while they're on sale. Definitely a good investment
- Yes, I recommend this productAlaskaMikeGender MaleHeight 6'7"Type TallActivityHikingPros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsGreat for Alaskan wintersNov 17, 2020
This jacket is very well done. I live in Alaska where the temperatures are usually in the single digits and below zero most of the winter. I can wear this jacket with a fleece underneath and actually be HOT in that weather. This jacket is well suited for active use in subzero temperatures. If you live in a place where the temperature doesn't drop below 20 degrees, this is probably too warm of a jacket for you. (I'd suggest the CirrusLite in that case). Some have mentioned feathers coming out of the jacket, but this isn't really a problem in my view. I will also mention this jacket is soft to wear and very comfortable. It is also roomy enough that if you needed to seriously layer up you could do so. If you are into outdoor activities and want to pursue them all winter - even in Arctic temperatures - this is the jacket for you.
- Yes, I recommend this productLegsGender MaleHeight 6'3"Type TallActivityHikingPros ComfortConsNice and warmNov 3, 2020
I'm 6.3 and 220p I got a XL Tall and it fits perfect there room for a sweater its warm and light i got the color Storm and its nice.
- Asked Nov 10, 2019 by1 answerQ: Can we use this as outwear during Snow? I want to purchase this considering fill power and Temp Rating. I am not looking to buy another, so I just want to make sure that it is sufficient for snow.A:This jacket can be used in snow primarily as a mid layer and paired with a waterproof shell for protection if it's really dumping. It is not waterproof, so if you are going to be exposed to the elements for a substantial amount of time you might want something with a little more protection than a DWR finish. If you are looking for a down insulated piece that is waterproof, check out the BC Evertherm Jacket - https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/38832407/ - it has the same temperature rating and has a 20k/20k waterpoof/breathable rating!Answered Nov 21, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Oct 16, 2019 by1 answerQ: How much longer is the tall downlight? - is it just the length of the jacket ? Thinking the Sleeve length is the same as is states in size chart? Can't find the information anywhere. Thanks - want to order while on sale.A:For a tall Men's top, we add 2" to the body length and 1 3/4” to the sleeve length.Answered Oct 18, 2019 by| EXPERT