MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Our premium ultralight has a streamlined fit that's built for mobility. Comfort is further enhanced with the soft, recycled ripstop polyester shell and its adjustable drawcord hem. But the real crux of this hoodie is the high-loft Premium Goose Down insulation. Maximum warmth. Minimum weight and bulk.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its unique micro-channel construction and the exceptionally high-loft down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test by an independent university lab. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
Models shown are 6'0" to 6'2" tall, wearing size M/32x32.
- 1.2 oz 20D recycled ripstop polyester shell—perfect balance of light weight and strength
- StormRepel® Super DWR—our longest lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment—learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Insulated hood—elastic binding provides secure fit
- Secure zip pockets—media port in chest pocket
- Packs into chest pocket—space-saving compressibility
- Length, Reg Medium: 28" | Weight: 13.4 oz | Down Fill Weight: 3.2 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester
- Yes, I recommend this productJackGender FemaleHeight 5'6"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Fit, QualityConsWarm and lightweightOct 1, 2021
I Purchased this jacket for my 88-year-old dad who recently relocated from Arizona to Pennsylvania. He has already started to wear it on a few of the early fall days. I have the exact same jacket, a women's medium red, and can attest to how incredibly windproof, waterproof, and light weight this jacket is and I wear it even when it gets down to 0°F. My dad says it's super comfortable.
- Yes, I recommend this productThanhGender MaleHeight 5'9"Type RegularActivityCampingPros Comfort, Quality, VersatileCons Poor FitUnable to find a good fit, but material are top notch.May 25, 2021
I was unable to find a good fit, too much room around the waist for me. However, after the jacket arrives, I inspected the jacket, it uses 20D Pertex fabric that has a strong DWR. Using RDS Track-my-down I found out that the down used in this jacket was 870 FP, almost the best you can get. I am impressed.
- Yes, I recommend this productcp in VAGender MaleHeight 6'1"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsOne of the best down garments everApr 18, 2021
Over the last 10+ years I've purchased the without hood version of this jacket 2x. It's the most perfect garment I've ever obtained - does everything well. Whether by itself, layering, sleeping in a cool room, inside the house during cold/cool weather - it's the Swiss Knife of jackets. Thought I'd treat myself to the hooded version for cold dog-walk nights when something over my head would be nice. I'm sure I won't be disappointed; in fact, I'll be able to layer the new hooded jacket over the current hoodless (one size smaller) version.