MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Vest
- First Ascent
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Perfection Evolved. The vest version of our premium ultralight features the same new high-mobility fit and feature set as the jacket and hoodie, minus the sleeves and the drawcord hem. Version 2.0 is more comfortable and mobile, with slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth, and softer fabric to further enhance the comfort.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down vests. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft Premium Goose Down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
Models shown are 6'0" to 6'2" tall, wearing size M/32x32.
- 1 oz 20D recycled ripstop polyester shell, a perfect balance of light weight and strength
- StormRepel® Super DWR, our longest lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment—learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Stretch fleece panels enhance mobility and breathability
- Secure zip pockets, with media port in chest pocket
- Packs into chest pocket for space-saving compressibility
- Length, Reg Medium: 27" | Weight: 8 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester
- Yes, I recommend this productCadeGender MaleHeightType RegularActivityWear to WorkPros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsLove this VestOct 13, 2021
Great vest. Have owned 2 myself, recently gifted one to a business associate. I love mine, he loves his. Warm, easy to layer with, but still breathes and is very comfortable. Easy to throw over a nice button down in crisp weather and look sharp while feeling comfortable.
- Yes, I recommend this productbroncoGender MaleHeight 6'1"Type PlusActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsCompact and versatile vestApr 5, 2021
Really great fit in a low-profile vest that works for a lot of activities. It can be used under a suit coat for low-key warmth as easily as it can be used for cold-weather athletics and commuting. For it's lack of bulk, it is very warm.
- Yes, I recommend this productCurious GeorgeGender MaleHeight 5'9"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsFirst Ascent Down VestMar 6, 2021
I love my vast and very comfortable.