Sandstone Backbone Grid Hoodie
- First Ascent
With the unlimited freedom of two-way stretch, exceptional breathability, and durable water repellency, this lightweight, polyester/spandex soft shell is built for mountain sports and other active use. Lined with soft grid fleece for added warmth, it delivers superior performance in a wide range of weather conditions.
- StormRepel® DWR finish sheds moisture
- Secure zip pockets
- Length, Medium: 27.5"
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 91% polyester/9% spandex
- Yes, I recommend this productTJGender MaleHeight 6'1"Type TallActivityHikingPros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsVersatile & Breathable ShellFeb 16, 2021
Such a versatile jacket. I've worn for cool hikes in the spring/summer and as a shell when traveling uphill when back-country skiing in the winter. DWR handles light rain and snow super well and the grid provides perfect level of warmth without getting clammy.
- Yes, I recommend this productBevanQGender MaleHeight 5'10"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsUseful lightweight shellFeb 9, 2021
I got this after enjoying the grid fleece hoodie and grid fleece full zip for a year or so. I like the rugged-feeling outer shell on the grid fleece interior, and I quickly started wearing this to do everything. I've climbed mountains, snowboarded, hiked in cool rainy weather, or had it in my pack for backup for fall hikes and I've just worn it around for every day use. I even hauled firewood in it — something I would never do in one of my good fleece jackets. I did end up poking a hole in the back by snagging something metal when I was crawling under my camper trailer, but you can't fault the jacket. It remains a good rugged jacket for hanging out on cool days or working hard on cold days.
- Yes, I recommend this productDude from GoldenGender MaleHeight 5'11"Type RegularActivityRunningPros Comfort, Quality, VersatileConsWinter aerobic activity BEASTDec 14, 2020
What a great piece. I have now used this for cold morning runs, cold mountain bike rides, and as an insulating layer under EB's awesome Microtherm Freefuse Stretch down jacket. This morning I ran in 19°F with nothing but a paper thin tech T and this hoodie. I was perfectly warm. The jacket is thin, but the waffle grid internal fabric is soft and insulated quite well (very similar to Patagonia's R1/R2 sweaters. The outside is a bit stiff on first wear, but breaks in nicely after a few wearing a and washings. The exterior blocks wind well and has DWR to block light precipitation. On my run this AM, a light layer of frost built up on the outside of the jacket indicating that my perspiration was breathing through. This piece is NOT a substitute for a proper winter jacket. It is thin and lightly insulated. However, as a cold weather aerobic shell and as a mid layer, it excels. Same quality as Patagucci at half the price. Go for it!