MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable, mobile, and flattering, with more room in the chest; a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth; a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort; and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft goose down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
- WINDPROOF RECYCLED 20D RIPSTOP POLYESTER SHELL: StormRepel® Super DWR is our longest-lasting, moisture-shedding finish so the wet can't soak in
- 800 FILL STORMDOWN: Retains its loft in wet weather
- RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD (RDS)-CERTIFIED DOWN INSULATION: Certified by Control Union More About RDS
- TRACKMYDOWN SUPPLY INFORMATION ON GARMENT: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- MICROTHERM CONSTRUCTION: Streamlined, micro-channel design for maximum thermal efficiency and compressibility
- STRETCH SIDE PANELS: Increase breathability and mobility, and create a trim, active fit
- ZIP HAND POCKETS: Secure essentials, keep your hands warm
- SECURE ZIP CHEST POCKET WITH MEDIA PORT: Take your music to the mountains
- STOWS EASILY: Packs into chest pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- TWO INTERIOR STASH POCKETS: Ideal for gloves or goggles
- Average length: Small 25"
- Active: An athletic fit. Close to body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester (50% recycled) shell: 95% polyester/5% spandex panels
- Yes, I recommend this productAdcGender FemaleHeight 5'4"Type RegularActivityLeisureProsConsLightweight but warmApr 16, 2019
Light weight jacket, packs well and perfect fit for a woman with curves.
- Yes, I recommend this productJanGender FemaleHeight 5'4"Type RegularActivityWalkingProsConsI lost my original and loved it so much I bought another!Mar 28, 2019
I bought my original jacket in Sept 2016, right before I left to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. I've enjoyed wearing it since especially because I live in southern California and don't need a heavy coat. It's come in very handy. So that jacket accompanied me on an amazing adventure, then went on another special trip - to India in December 2018. When I returned home after two very long flights and with a horrible head cold, I found I had left it on the plane (along with a favorite plaid wrap) and I've been sentimentally sad since. Air France made it too difficult for me to chase it down. I guess I've talked about missing it enough that my daughter watched for a chance to buy it on sale and let me know, so I did and I've got another jacket! While this new one hasn't ventured far yet, it will soon when I walk part of the Compenstalo De Santiago in October 2019. Long story, FAB product!
- Yes, I recommend this productDebGender FemaleHeight 5'4"Type RegularActivityWalkingProsConsThinnest, warmest jacket!Mar 22, 2019
I have purchased so many of these jackets for myself and my husband! My grandchildren all have this jacket also that I have purchased for gifts. Everyone loves their EB jackets, these are so thin but extremely warm. I will continue to purchase these for my 10 grandchildren.